USB serial driver ()
USB serial driver (Usbser.sys)
Microsoft-provided in-box driver (Usbser.sys) for your Communications and CDC Control device.
In Windows 10, the driver has been rewritten by using the Kernel-Mode Driver Framework that improves the overall stability of the driver.
- Improved PnP and power management by the driver (such as, handling surprise removal).
- Added power management features such as USB Selective Suspend.
In addition, UWP applications can now use the APIs provided by the new Windows.Devices.SerialCommunication namespace that allow apps to talk to these devices.
Load the Microsoft-provided in-box driver (Usbser.sys) for your Communications and CDC Control device.
If you trying to install a USB device class driver included in Windows, you do not need to download the driver. They are installed automatically. If they are not installed automatically, contact the device manufacturer. For the list of USB device class driver included in Windows, see USB device class drivers included in Windows.
In Windows 10, a new INF, Usbser.inf, has been added to %Systemroot%Inf that loads Usbser.sys as the function device object (FDO) in the device stack. If your device belongs to the Communications and CDC Control device class, Usbser.sys is loaded automatically.You do not need to write your own INF to reference the driver. The driver is loaded based on a compatible ID match similar to other USB device class drivers included in Windows.
- If you want to load Usbser.sys automatically, set the class code to 02 and subclass code to 02 in the Device Descriptor. For more information, see USB communications device class. With this approach, you are not required to distribute INF files for your device because the system uses Usbser.inf.
- If your device specifies class code 02 but a subclass code value other than 02, Usbser.sys does not load automatically. Pnp Manager tries to find a driver. If a suitable driver is not found, the device might not have a driver loaded. In this case, you might have to load your own driver or write an INF that references another in-box driver.
- If your device specifies class and subclass codes to 02, and you want to load another driver instead of Usbser.sys, you have to write an INF that specifies the hardware ID of the device and the driver to install. For examples, look through the INF files included with sample drivers and find devices similar to your device. For information about INF sections, see Overview of INF Files.
Microsoft encourages you to use in-box drivers whenever possible. On mobile editions of Windows, such as Windows 10 Mobile, only drivers that are part of the operating system are loaded. Unlike desktop editions, it is not possible to load a driver through an external driver package. With the new in-box INF, Usbser.sys is automatically loaded if a USB-to-serial device is detected on the mobile device.
Windows 8.1 and earlier versions
In Windows 8.1 and earlier versions of the operating system, Usbser.sys is not automatically loaded when a USB-to-serial device is attached to a computer. To load the driver, you need to write an INF that references the modem INF (mdmcpq.inf) by using the Include directive. The directive is required for instantiating the service, copying inbox binaries, and registering a device interface GUID that applications require to find the device and talk to it. That INF specifies "Usbser" as a lower filter driver in a device stack.
The INF also needs to specify the device setup class as Modem to use mdmcpq.inf. Under the [Version] section of the INF, specify the Modem and the device class GUID. for details, see System-Supplied Device Setup Classes.
Configure selective suspend for Usbser.sys
Starting in Windows 10, Usbser.sys supports USB Selective Suspend. It allows the attached USB-to-serial device to enter a low power state when not in use, while the system remains in the S0 state. When communication with the device resumes, the device can leave the Suspend state and resume Working state. The feature is disabled by default and can be enabled and configured by setting the IdleUsbSelectiveSuspendPolicy entry under this registry key:
To configure power management features of Usbser.sys, you can set IdleUsbSelectiveSuspendPolicy to:
"0x00000001": Enters selective suspend when idle, that is, when there are no active data transfers to or from the device.
"0x00000000": Enters selective suspend only when there are no open handles to the device.
That entry can be added in one of two ways:
Write an INF that references the install INF and add the registry entry in the HW.AddReg section.
Describe the registry entry in an extended properties OS feature descriptor. Add a custom property section that sets the bPropertyName field to a Unicode string, "IdleUsbSelectiveSuspendPolicy" and wPropertyNameLength to 62 bytes. Set the bPropertyData field to "0x00000001" or "0x00000000". The property values are stored as little-endian 32-bit integers.
Develop Windows applications for a USB CDC device
If you install Usbser.sys for the USB CDC device, here are the application programming model options:
Starting in Windows 10, a Windows app can send requests to Usbser.sys by using the Windows.Devices.SerialCommunication namespace. It defines Windows Runtime classes that can use to communicate with a USB CDC device through a serial port or some abstraction of a serial port. The classes provide functionality to discover such serial device, read and write data, and control serial-specific properties for flow control, such as setting baud rate, signal states.
In Windows 8.1 and earlier versions, you can write a Windows desktop application that opens a virtual COM port and communicates with the device. For more information, see:
Драйвер для usb serial controller
Windows 7 64-bit & 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit & 32-bit, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98
Important note regarding Windows 7 and Vista:
The driver MUST be installed "as Administrator"
Right-click the downloaded EXE file and choose Run as administrator
Download the Windows installer for the USB RS-232 adaptor:
Download for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit)
Download for Windows 7/Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
If for some reason the above driver does not work, try one of the following:
Download for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit and 64-bit — Alternate driver)
Download for Windows XP, 2000, 98/ME (32-bit only)
For older cables (purchased prior to October, 2010):
Download for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
Download for Windows Vista (32-bit only)
Run the installer, then after rebooting, plug the USB end of the adapter into one of the USB ports on the computer.
NOTE: For Windows 7, please use RC build 7100 or RTM Final version. (Installer program will not run on early Windows 7 or Beta versions)
Check the software driver installation
- Windows Vista: Start >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager
- Windows XP: Start >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager
- Windows 2000: Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager
- Windows 98/ME: Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> System >> Device Manager
2) Click the plus sign (+) next to "Ports".
3) If the device is properly installed, "Serialio.com USB Serial Port" or "Prolific USB-to-Serial COM Port" will be displayed.
The software driver is properly installed, but the USB-RS232 adaptor does not work as expected
One of the common reasons that software may not work as expected with a USB-Serial adaptor when the devcie is properly installed, is many older programs (and even some new ones) only support a limited number of COM ports (e.g. only COM1 — COM4)
If the USB-RS232 adapter is installed as COM5, it may need to be reassigned to COM1 — COM4 to work with some software.
The following outlines how to to reassign the COM port on Windows XP/2K/Me/98SE
1) Follow steps 1-3 of "Check the software driver installation" above.
2) Right-click on the "Prolific USB to Serial Port", then click Properties
3) Click on the "Port Settings" tab. Click the "Advanced" button.
4) In the "COM Port Number" drop-down select the desired port number. For example if the software requires COM2, select COM2. Note the COM port must have "(in use)" listed next to it, if it does then another device with that name is already installed in the system. After selecting the desire port number, click "OK."
5) Click "OK" again, and the device will show up as being on the same COM port that it was before (i.e., COM5), but should show up on the selected port name when the Device Manager dialog is closed and opened again.
6) Close the Device Manager. Launch the software to use with the new COM port.
Windows 2000, Me, and 98 SE (Second Edition)
1) Follow steps 1 2 of "Check the software driver installation" above.
2) Right-click on the "Prolific USB to Serial Port", then click Properties.
3) Click on the "Port Settings" tab. Click the "Advanced" button.
4) Uncheck "Use automatic settings".
5) Select "Input/Output range". Click on "Change Settings".
- COM 1: 03F8-03FF
- COM 2: 02F8-02FF
- COM 3: 03E8-03EF
- COM 4: 02E8-02EF
7) Enter the value, then click OK. Click OK again, then click Yes when the "Creating a Forced Configuration" window appears. Click OK.
8) Restart the computer. The Device Manager can be checked, to see the COM port change.
USB Serial Controller D Drivers Download
Download the latest version of the USB Serial Controller D driver for your computer's operating system. All downloads available on this website have been scanned by the latest anti-virus software and are guaranteed to be virus and malware-free.
Find All USB Serial Controller D Drivers
- Updates PC Drivers Automatically
- Identifies & Fixes Unknown Devices
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Recent Help Articles
Popular Driver Updates for USB Serial Controller D
If you have had recent power outages, viruses or other computer problems, it is likely that the drivers have become damaged. Browse the list above to find the driver that matches your hardware and operating system. To see more matches, use our custom driver search engine to find the exact driver.
Tech Tip: If you are having trouble deciding which is the right driver, try the Driver Update Utility for USB Serial Controller D. It is a software utility that will find the right driver for you — automatically.
DriverGuide maintains an extensive archive of Windows drivers available for free download. We employ a team from around the world which adds hundreds of new drivers to our site every day.
How to Install Drivers
Once you download your new driver, then you need to install it. To install a driver in Windows, you will need to use a built-in utility called Device Manager. It allows you to see all of the devices recognized by your system, and the drivers associated with them.
Open Device Manager
In Windows 10 & Windows 8.1, right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager
In Windows 8, swipe up from the bottom, or right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose «All Apps» -> swipe or scroll right and choose «Control Panel» (under Windows System section) -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager
In Windows 7, click Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager
In Windows Vista, click Start -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Device Manager
In Windows XP, click Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager button
Install Drivers With Device Manager
Locate the device and model that is having the issue and double-click on it to open the Properties dialog box.
Select the Driver tab.
Click the Update Driver button and follow the instructions.
In most cases, you will need to reboot your computer in order for the driver update to take effect.
Visit our Driver Support Page for helpful step-by-step videos
Install Drivers Automatically
If you are having trouble finding the right driver, stop searching and fix driver problems faster with the Automatic Driver Update Utility. Automatic updates could save you hours of time.
The Driver Update Utility automatically finds, downloads and installs the right driver for your hardware and operating system. It will Update all of your drivers in just a few clicks, and even backup your drivers before making any changes.
Once you download and run the utility, it will scan for out-of-date or missing drivers:
When the scan is complete, the driver update utility will display a results page showing which drivers are missing or out-of-date:
Next, update individual drivers or all of the necessary drivers with one click.
Benefits of Updated Drivers
Many computer problems are caused by missing or outdated device drivers, especially in Windows 10. If your deskttop or laptop is running slow, or keeps crashing or hanging, there is a good chance that updating your drivers will fix the problem.
Ensures your hardware runs at peak performance.
Fixes bugs so your system will have fewer crashes.
Unlocks new features and configuration options in your devices, especially with video cards and gaming devices.
Установка драйвера PL2303 на Windows 10 и 8
Преобразователь USB-TTL PL2303 — это небольшой USB модуль, который эмулирует последовательный интерфейс UART (RS-232). То есть подключая этот преобразователь в USB порт компьютера, виртуально создается COM порт.
В октябре года 2012 Фирма Prolific прекратили производство и поддержку микросхем UART PL2303X (Chip Rev A) и PL2303X HX (Chip Rev A), а начала производить микросхем PL2303TA. Но и сейчас, можно купить преобразователь на микросхеме PL2303HX (с поддельным чипом). При использовании ОС Windows 8 или Windows 10, система автоматически устанавливает последнюю версию драйверов, в которой нет поддержки этих чипов, а в диспетчере устройств будет показан желтый знак с кодом ошибки 10 (Запуск этого устройства невозможен. (Код 10) или This device cannot start. (Code 10)).
Удаление драйвера для PL2303HX
Для начала отключите преобразователь PL2302HX от компьютера и, если на компьютере установили последнюю версию драйвера, удалите его. Перейдите в Панель управления Start->Control pane->Programs and Feaetures.
Проверьте, установлен ли PL-2303 USB-to-Serial и нажмите Uninstall, чтобы удалить драйвер.
Установка драйвера для PL2303
Теперь надо установить старый драйвер. Скачайте архив PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_1025.7z, распакуйте из него файл PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_1025.exe. Кликнете мышкой два раза по нему и установите драйвер.
Подключите преобразователь к компьютеру и перейдите в Диспетчер устройств Start->Control pane->Device Manager. Тут мы видим, что наше устройство с желтым знаком и показывает ошибку: Запуск этого устройства невозможен. (Код 10) или This device cannot start. (Code 10).
Для отката драйвера, нажмите правой кнопки мыши на Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port и выберите Обновить драйвер/Update device driver.
Нажмите Выполнить поиск драйверов на этом компьютере/Browse my computer for driver software.
Так как уже установлен старый драйвер, просто нажмите на опцию Выбрать драйвер из списка уже установленных драйверов/Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
Из списка установленных драйверов, выберите драйвер Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version 126.96.36.199(14-Jan-09) и нажмите кнопку Далее/Next для продолжения.
Windows будут затем установить старый драйвер обратно в систему.
Нажмите кнопку Закрыть/Close. Если после установки выдаёт ошибку Запуск этого устройства невозможен. (Код 10)/This device cannot start. (Code 10), нужно отключить преобразователь от компьютера и вставить обратно.
Если драйвер установлен правильно, вы увидите ваше устройство Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port без жёлтого знака.
Щелкните два раза по устройству, чтобы подтвердить версию драйвера.
Можете перемычкой соединить Tx и Rx и в Terminal 1.9b отправить сообщение.
How to Update USB-Serial Controller D Driver
To communicate with your USB devices, your computer needs the correct driver. If you’re facing issues with your USB-Serial Controller D, this always means that the current driver installed is outdated or corrupt. To fix it, you need to update your USB-serial Controller D driver.
How to update your USB-serial controller d driver
There are two ways you can update your USB-serial Controller D driver:
- You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
- This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Manually
To update your USB-Serial Controller D driver manually, first, you’ll need to go to Device Manager to update the driver automatically. If Windows fails to find any updates, then head to the manufacturer’s official website to download the exact driver for your device and install it manually.
Step 1: Update your USB-Serial Controller D driver via Device Manager
- Open Device Manager.
- For Windows 10: Right-click Start and select Device Manager.
- For Windows 10, 8.1, 7: Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time, then enter devmgmt.msc in the Run box and hit Enter.
- For Windows 10: Right-click Start and select Device Manager.
- Expand Other devices and right-click your USB-Serial Controller D and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Windows will find the latest driver and install it for you automatically if it finds one.
However, Windows cannot always find the latest driver for you, so you can head to the manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver and manually install it or do it automatically in Option 2.
Step 2: Download the USB-Serial Controller D driver from the manufacturer’s website
- Head to the official website of the manufacturer and download the latest driver.
- Double click the downloaded driver file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the install.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Option 2 – Automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update the USB-Serial Controller D driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Hopefully, you have updated your USB-Serial Controller D driver successfully.
Feel free to leave us a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.